Kids are so different from one another, but there’s one thing that practically every child has is common: they love bedtime stories. Maybe it’s the extra few minutes and snuggles with mom or dad, maybe it’s the excitement of living in a different world for a few moments, or maybe it’s just the best way to delay going to bed. Whatever it is, kids love stories before bed. So if bedtime stories are part of your routine, we’ve found some special picks to read on Christmas Eve. From children’s classics to newer tales, we hope you and your family enjoy reading together this holiday season.
- The Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg
- Father Christmas, by Raymond Briggs
- The Story of Holly and Ivy, by Rumer Godden
- The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, by L. Frank Baum
- The Christmas Eve Tree, by Delia Huddey
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas, by Dr. Suess
- On Christmas Eve, by Margaret Wise Brown
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas, by Karma Wilson
- Pick a Pine Tree, by Patricia Toht
- Llama Llama Jingle Bells, by Anna Dewdney
- How to Catch an Elf, by Adam Wallace
While these are great book choices for Christmas Eve, if you don’t want to read all of these books in one night, they are also great to spread out through the whole month of December. Do you have any favorite Christmassy books you would add to this list? Head to our Facebook page and let us know what they are!